Multi-platform open source shader composition tool
ShaderChain is a multi-platform shader development tool-suite I made to aide in creating realtime GLSL compositions with offline rendering support.
- Build a shader stack with each rendered texture input to the next pass
- Define uniforms with JSON which map to UI and MIDI
- Serialize shader chains and uniforms to presets
- Create texture uniforms with video, webcam, microphone, sound files, framebuffer swaps, or other passes
- Render to PNGs, encode mp4s and gifs (ffmpeg required - install here)
- Gif encoding supports setting number of colors and scaled resolution
- Mp4 encoding supports looping video (n) times
- Build a midi map with the UI
- Livecode by going full screen and hiding the UI (bring your own editor)
- Frame averaging for motion blur
- Wasd+mouse camera control uniform
- Audio accumulator uniform (by Eris Fairbanks)
Compile and contribute at the repo or download a binary below.